2022-23 Gray Middle School Dress Code
• A shirt or equivalent (such as a jersey, polo, sweatshirt, or hooded sweatshirt) that covers all undergarments as well as the student’s full front, back, and sides under the arms
• Pants, jeans, or equivalent (such as a skirt, shorts, dress, or sweats) that fully covers all undergarments and are at least 3 inches above the knee or longer. Tears/rips/holes are sufficiently covered if 3 inches or above from knee.
• Shoes with closed toes, soles/heels less than 2 inches high, and backs or heel straps. Athletic shoes shall be worn for PE.
AND / OR
• Optional items such as a belt that can be safely secured and fully looped through pants, and/or medical or cloth face masks.
Do not wear:
• Images or language that creates a hostile or intimidating environment based on any protected class or consistently marginalized group
• Images or language containing hate speech or profanity
• Any references to drugs or alcohol
• Images or language referring to violence, weapons, or gang activity
• Vulgar language or images relating to or suggesting sexual activities
• Pants with rips/tears higher than 3 inches above the knee
• Hats or hoods while in the building
• Accessories that could be considered dangerous, used as a weapon, or a distraction to the learning of others
• Pajamas or blankets
Staff Responses to Dress Code Violations
• Students will be asked by a staff member to adhere to the dress code.
• If a student fixes the problem by borrowing clothes from the school, another student, or calls home for a change of clothes, no other actions will be taken. Student will return to class upon fixing the problem.
• Upon refusal to fix a dress code violation, disciplinary actions will be taken in accordance with school district discipline policies.